Friday, February 3, 2012

Quick Review - ENTRAPPED by SNEHA KEDAR



ENTRAPPED is a Roller Coaster FUN RIDE

ENTRAPPED is a paranormal fantasy fiction novel by first time author Sneha Kedar. It’s the story of Myra Bose, a fairy but born to human parents. It’s a story about her life and adventures at Fae High (a High School for Faes and Fairies).  Without going into the details of the story line (which you can check at Flipkart.com and many other websites), and coming straight to the book review, I would like to applaud Sneha for her Vision and Imagination. She is a first time author, and she has done a commendable job by imagining all the characters, places and events mentioned in the book. The book, itself, is very easy to read, and quite intriguing. The book is fast paced, and every chapter ends leaving you curious to read the next one. This is one major quality, which I found missing in many other books.

On the “little” flip side, I felt that the pace of this book is too fast. Maybe, it was due to the publisher who may have forced the author to cut down the word-count. But, I personally felt that the events were moving too fast, specially the climax. Another thing which disappointed me, and I actually complain Sneha, for her usage of the word “B##bs”. It was used at only one place, but it destroyed the simplicity and innocence of the book, for a moment. A more aesthetic word would have been a better choice.

On the whole, Sneha Kedar’s Entrapped is a Roller Coaster FUN RIDE. People of all ages can read it, love it, and enjoy it. I give 3.5 stars out of 5, for Sneha Kedar’s Entrapped.

Verdict: It’s Fun. It’s Riveting. It’s a Roller Coster Ride. It’s Worth A Read.

2 comments:

  1. Seems a must-have. Nice review again. Quite a different read from the chick-lits that is a deluge not just in the market but on my book-shelf too :P I say Rohit, you should get involved in those book review blogs where you get free books to review n perhaps,if lucky, get paid for the same :))

    My friend, Savio Paes has an eye on this book, and down the line, I will read it too :))

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks bro... I am not a "Genuine" Writer... I was never one... Though I have been writing since my college days, I took up my writing seriously once I thought about my book... Still, I have a long way to go... Have to improve HELL Lot... Trying. If you know such book review blogs, do let me know brother... And yes, This book is worth a read... Something different from desi-chiclits...

    ReplyDelete